28 October 2010

Stupendous!

My unit has decided that we as coworkers are going to rock a theme this year with our Halloween costumes. They've chosen one that is a piece of cake, so long as you're a man: superheroes.

We have one Hulk, one Thing, one or two Wolverine, and as far as my costume goes? Not a clue on God's green earth. Unless I wanted to spend my day scantily-clad in knee-high boots with enormous hair, there isn't really a female superhero out there that I can look to.

I was never a superhero kid, but I did love, above many forms of print media, Calvin and Hobbes. Somewhere in my blessed memory tank was his character Stupendous Man. Stupendous Man was normal Calvin (black and red striped shirt, black pants, sneakers) with a hood made of a pillow case and a cape. Add a Hobbes and you're set! No one'll recognize it, I'm sure, but it's basically normal clothes plus a cape.

We'll see. I'm not obligated to do anything but this is fun in a half-assed kind of way.